The Hala Stulecia or “Centennial Hall” is a piece of historic architecture located in Wroclaw, Poland. It was built in 1911-13, as one of the first and most astounding structures to artistically utilise reinforced concrete. The undulating and interwoven concrete quatrefoil forms a massive dome. Max Berg, the architect, pushed the possibilities of the reinforced concrete material in a way that had never been done before.
The visual design lab AntiVJ has created a site specific, light and sound installation that fully embraces the mind boggling architecture. They focused on the original architectural blueprints, as well as sci-fi cinematic references such as Fritz Lang’s Metropolis from the 1920s to Tron from the 1980s.
The installation is a contemporary update, harnessing the inherent movement implied by its form. The UNESCO listed building has been given new life by this incredible interconnection between light and sound.
Be sure to watch the making of here.